US Secretary of Defence Lloyd Austin made the announcement.
The package includes:
- Stinger anti-aircraft missiles;
- High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) and additional ammunition;
- 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems;
- more than 3 million rounds of small arms ammunition;
- demolitions munitions for obstacle clearing;
- cold weather gear;
- spare parts, maintenance, and other ancillary equipment.
I was honoured to meet with President Zelenskyy in Kyiv today to reaffirm the United States’ steadfast support for Ukraine,
I thank everyone who helps Ukraine! I thank everyone whose job is to make Ukraine, our people, and our children more secure,
It will be recalled that on November 20, Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin arrived on a working visit to Kyiv.